[OSM-talk] Never again :-)

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Tue Dec 11 08:33:05 GMT 2007

>Maybe this is partly looking 'official' and partly if I was up to no
good,
>I wouldn't dress in day-glow yellow/orange and look very conspicuous.
>(Wearing a hoody does the opposite!)

>I have once been mistaken for a parking attendant when standing next to
>somebody's car, taking digital photos on a corner, tapping things into a
>PDA.

I think this often helps when I'm doing it (I've only really run into
slight problems twice, both in the last few days due to this cul-de-sac
laden nightmare) - firstly I tend to walk determinedly down each cul de
sac and not care if people are around (a burglar surely wouldn't do that?)
and secondly, at the end of the cul-de-sac I check the accuracy of the GPS
and type the street name in as a waypoint.

Nick