[OSM-talk] New JOSM mappaint plugin version 6030

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Wed Dec 12 00:51:58 GMT 2007

Hi!

I've put a new version of the mappaint plugin on the server, only with
minor changes:

- add some icons for recently approved map features (bicycle_rental,
car_rental, car_sharing, bureau_de_change, subway_entrance, ...)
- make "useRealWidth" the default
- make the style for railway=subway a little bit brighter, it was much
too dark on a black background
- ... other changes I can't remember?

I've also made a more clear distinction between nodes where something is
missing/unclear:

a) where we just don't have an appropriate icon yet (you'll see special
icon "no_icon.png")
We don't have the right icon for every node tag in map features yet,
e.g. icons for most natural=xy are still missing. If you encounter such
a "missing icon", feel free to create a 16*16 pixel icon that matches
the tag and send it to this list.

b) the tag is one of the proposals and not approved yet, so it may
change in the future (you'll see special icon "caution.png")
Obviously this is only a "subjective incomplete selection" of the myriad
of possible proposals floating around. Also be prepared that the tag may
change until the feature is actually approved.

The plugin should be installable through JOSMs plugin update mechanism.

Hope this helps in your everyday work,

Regards, ULFL