[OSM-talk] Need Help Bulk Uploading some POIs

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Wed Dec 12 09:51:20 GMT 2007

Yes, they should be negative numbers to indicate that they are not already on the server.

I strongly recommend that you use JOSM if you can to do the actual uploading. It is a reliable and ready-made environment.

Load your .osm file into JOSM and upload.  Then do a file save and it will save out all your points with the new node id assigned by the server.  If you then feel that you've made any kind of mistake, you can then use that file to conveniently do any edits or deletes on just you POIs with JOSM. You can do a few trial points first.

And as another respondent suggests, it would be good to check out any copyright issues.  I suggest you also add something like
<tag k="source" v="Sheetz Store, Inc." />
source tag to each of your POIs.  That way, they are "properly" attributed and also if there were any kind of later problem, the tag can be used to easily identify and remove them.

It is a great idea by the way, and I hope we see more of it!!

Mike
Stockholm