[OSM-talk] [OT] mod_rewrite

Andy Street mail at andystreet.me.uk
Sat Dec 15 18:38:51 GMT 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 11:34 +0000, Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> > If that rule is in a section which applies to newforest.free-map.org
> >  vhost (like when the rule is in the default vhost section), then
> > you are done with apache configuration. I have done these kind
> > of rewrites several times.
> > You can, of course, create an extra vhost entry for newforest.free-map.org
> > and put the rewrite there.
> > But...
> > It looks like newforest.free-map.org.uk is not resolvable.
> > So you have to fiddle with your dns zone configuration and add
> > an entry for *.free-map.org.uk or for newforest.free-map.org.uk.
>
> Do I need to ask my hosting provider to do this?

Yes. I've had a look and your DNS is provided by Bytemark. If you email
their support they can supply you with a script that will allow you to
set up your own DNS entries[1]. Once you have that script you just need
to add something like the following to your config file and run the
script to make it work:

+newforest.free-map.org.uk:80.68.89.163:86400

Regards,

Andy

[1] http://www.bytemark.co.uk/page/Live/support/tech/dns/dnsc