[OSM-talk] New Zealand coastline and mapnik

Alex S. maps at swavely.com
Mon Dec 24 23:42:09 GMT 2007

Jon Burgess wrote:
> I can update the renderer to use a different shapefile fairly easily
> but the issue right now is that the coastline data is incomplete for
> the rest of the world (with most of the US underwater).
[..]
> It would be a lot easier if we could use the new data for the whole
> world and get rid of the vmap0 data but are still missing large parts
> of the North America and Eastern Europe.

I stopped importing coastlines when I saw the argument about deprecating
it and purging the db of uploaded coastlines in favor of the vmap0 data.

Am I to understand that that policy has changed?  I don't want to spend
a bunch of time working on importing just to have it all scrapped in a
month.