[OSM-talk] route pub_crawl

Guenther Meyer d.s.e at sordidmusic.com
Sun Dec 30 01:37:27 GMT 2007

Am Sonntag 30 Dezember 2007 schrieb Paul Fox:
> alex wrote:
>  > Michael Kugelmann wrote:
>  > > looking at the map features page I found    route = pub_crawl . I
>  > > didn't find anything in the wiki about the tag.
>  > > Can any native Englisch speaker explain what is intended with this tag
>  > > please? I want to know it just to improove the knowledge.
>  >
>  > Some pubs offer one free drink on your birthday.  A pub crawl is an
>  > attempt to get as many free drinks as possible in the shortest amount of
>  > time.
>
> i'll bet no one in germany has ever attempted this.  ;-)

hmm, we did something similar:

some years ago there were 21 "famous" pubs spread all over london. when you
drank at least a pint of beer there, you got a stamp on a card.
when the card was full after eight stamps, you could trade it for a t-shirt
saying "I visited Londons famous pubs".
we did it in less than two hours without having any plan before we started.

a year later, you could buy the shirt without drinking. but I'm sure, we had
much more fun... :-D