[OSM-talk] route pub_crawl

Rob Reid rob at robreid.co.nz
Sun Dec 30 01:49:52 GMT 2007

Alex S. wrote the following on 30/12/2007 13:55:
> Michael Kugelmann wrote:
>
>> looking at the map features page I found    route = pub_crawl . I didn't
>> find anything in the wiki about the tag.
>> Can any native Englisch speaker explain what is intended with this tag
>> please? I want to know it just to improove the knowledge.
>>
> Some pubs offer one free drink on your birthday.  A pub crawl is an
> attempt to get as many free drinks as possible in the shortest amount of
> time.

More generically a pub crawl consists of visiting a series of pubs
according to some pre-arranged plan or theme.

For example a common one that is done in London is the Circle line pub
crawl, where you ride on the underground/tube/metro following the Circle
line, get off at every stop and visit the nearest pub.

A good pub crawl route will allow maximum time in the pub with minimum
time travelling between pubs.

In OSM terms think of it being similar to a bus route, with a way
connecting a series of pubs rather than a series of bus stops.

Cheers

rcr