[OSM-talk] Bounding box

Nick Hill nick at nickhill.co.uk
Mon Feb 5 17:12:46 GMT 2007

Hello Oliver

Replication is certainly one of the methods we'll have to use in future.
However, I don't see that we'll have the resources any time soon to guarantee to
return insane queries.

Unfortunately, the mechanism to filter insane queries (which were perhaps
generated through malice or ignorance) catches a few sane queries, which
occasionally will require modified workflow.

Once we have upgraded the RAM in the API, we can consider increasing the node
limit. When we partition the database or implement tiles, we can consider
increasing the bbox limit.