[OSM-talk] The State of the Map

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Wed Feb 7 14:38:23 GMT 2007

Note: Can people on the talk-* mailing lists please translate and
forward this?

Thanks to a lot of hard work from all involved, we have a conference web
site up http://www.stateofthemap.org/ Please spread the word! This will
serve as a base for info for the upcoming event:

     * The State of the Map - First openstreetmap international conference
     * Manchester, England
     * 14-15 July 2007

There’s a Call for proposals up. Got something to speak about? We’re
interested in a broad range of topics:

    1. Freeing Up Access to Geodata - The political, commercial and
opensource implications of open Geodata
    2. Redrawing the Map the OSM Way - GPS, surveying, data editing
methods and additional sources of base data.
    3. New Uses For A New Style of Geodata - A look at new and existing
uses for OSM data.
    4. Cartography 2017 - where are we headed?
    5. Building Blocks for Collaborative Mapping - Data storage,
processing, scalability and delivery in a wiki-like environment.

It doesn’t have to be exclusively about openstreetmap - feel free to
suggest mini-talks, talks, BOF sessions, posters and more. Oh, and it
wouldn’t be an openstreetmap conference without mapping all of the city
either, would it?

have fun,