[OSM-talk] GDF (was: prohibited manoeuvres)

Scott scott at waye.co.uk
Thu Feb 8 14:59:04 GMT 2007

That's interesting.  In reference to GDF then (and in particular the
picture on page 3 of chapter 7), we could either load up the nodes with
tags, effectively using the node as the manoeuvre relation (it gives us
the GDF "via" bit), or we could create seperate manoeuvre entities.

           |   |
         E ^   v F    D
           |   |      |
           |   |      |
-->--------2---3---->-4- C
           |   |
--<-----------------<---
           |   |
           |   |
           ^   v
         A |   | B

For the sake of simplicity, I've split the A and B ways at C to each
make 2 ways A followed by E, and F followed by B.

Taking the first approach we could have

<node id="3">
  <prohibited_manoeuvre from="A" to="B"/>
</node>

<node id="4">
  <prohibited_manoeuvre from="A" to="D" />
</node>