[OSM-talk] Osmarender4 slippy map (preview)

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Sat Feb 10 17:16:15 GMT 2007

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 05:34:09PM +0100, Dirk-Lüder Kreie wrote:
> Jochen Topf schrieb:
> > That can well be. Because Osmarender4 now renders most street names
> > right without the help of the name_direction or osmarender:nameDirection
> > tags, those tags now flip the name back in the wrong direction. Just get
> > rid of those tags and it should be ok.
>
> Can xslt filter that automatically so that they are ignored?

Of course it can. But there are still cases where you want to be able to
fix name rendering manually. So I decided to keep it in there. The
problem is that the default rendering changed, so in a way the meaning
of the tags changed. I could have invented a new tag
"osmarender4:nameDirection" or so. But in the long run, that would be
more confusing.

Its not a big issue really, just delete the current name_direction and
osmarender:nameDirection tags and most cases will be fine. There are not
that many in the database anyway.

Jochen