[OSM-talk] INSEE data source

Florian Loitsch openstreetmap at florian.loitsch.com
Thu Feb 15 10:52:02 GMT 2007

hi,
I just got my INSEE CD, and accordingly updated the wiki-page
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Potential_Datasources#INSEE).
Any comments?
I'm thinking of writing a mail (or even letter) to INSEE to clarify the
licence (unless you think it's clear anyways). What should I ask in
particular? Where do you think the license makes problems?
I though of proposing several different ways of extracting the data, and let
them choose if it's ok. Something like:
- can we copy streetnames (with/without source-tag)?
- does source-tag need to be sticky?
- can we extract the data (using some tool) and then distribute it?
- can we import the extracted data?
- can we change the data if we know it's false?
- ...

for the french: Could you please fix the translation (if necessary). Neither
french nor english are my mothertongue...
mfg,
// florian