[OSM-talk] Finding the other mapper in St Albans (and anywhere else)

Barry Crabtree barry.crabtree at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 11:06:10 GMT 2007

I'd be keen to know this as well. Someone looks to have taken over in the
Ipswich area where I've been working and is doing a great job.

I thought that each entry in the database was tagged with the username that
entered it. Is this exposed anywhere through the API? I thought there was
talk of it a while back.  At least if the name was available and they had
taken the time to put an entry in the wiki it would make it easier to find
people that wanted to be found.

Cheers .Baz

On 2/18/07, Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net> wrote:

> Ahoy,
>
> I've read a few times about plans to let people find other people mapping
> in
> their area. How advanced is this? Is there any way we can find out now,
> short
> of becoming a sysadmin and running a mysql query? :) Having the emails in
> the
> RSS feed used to be *very* handy for this.
>
> Somebody has recently started mapping in my area (St Albans), and since
> I'm
> going to move away in the not-too-distant future I'd like to get in touch,
> find out what areas he/she is doing, make sure we agree about tagging and
> coverage, that sort of thing.
>
> Regards,
> Tom
>
> --
> | Green Party Speaker on Intellectual Property and Free Software |
> | http://tom.acrewoods.net    ::    http://www.greenparty.org.uk |

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever.  - Gandhi.