[OSM-talk] Slippy map initial presentation

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Sun Feb 18 15:25:56 GMT 2007

At 10:42 PM 18/02/2007, OJW wrote:
>On Sunday 18 February 2007 00:10, Mike Collinson wrote:
> > Would it be feasible to present instead of just one link to the
> > slippy map  a series of links leading an initial continent view :
> > Europe, Australia, Asia, North America South America?  This would be
> > great for sending folks interested in the project based outside Europe.
>
>This sort of interface?
>
>http://almien.co.uk/OSM/geonavbar/

Excellent!!!  (and, being a Yorkshireman, I'm usually very sparing on
doling out exclamation marks).

It is kinda hard to hit an OSM mapped area outside Europe
though.  Would you try reducing the target map zoom from 7 to 5?

Then if  you click vaguely where Sydney should be on the lower right
side of Australia (to use technical terms), gives you something like this:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=-35.462425&lon=151.431698&zoom=5

Mike
Manila