[OSM-talk] More votes on features

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Mon Feb 19 13:36:07 GMT 2007

I have set the following features for a vote:

(a) amenity=college

    As I indicated yesterday, I didn't put this in with amenity=university a
couple of months because I hadn't done an icon for it. I have now. I hope
this will be uncontroversial, as it complements school and university

(b) landuse=green_space

    As the discussion indicates, for miscellaneous green space which isn't
really a park, common, or village_green but deserves rendering in green on
the map because it is grassed or has trees in an otherwise urban built
environment.

(c) junction_ref=<name or number>

    So junctions numbered or named on signposts can be marked as such on the
map. Note that someone else proposed exit_nr and exit_name tags, which serve
the same purpose, except that such junctions aren't always 'exits' as such:
many roundabouts, for example, have their name on the sign but aren't grade
separated.

(d) towards=<place name>

    On the edge of urban areas, it is useful to know that a road is not a
dead end, but simply the end of the mapped extent on that road, but the
mapper knows where it leads to. Even when the road is extended, it is still
useful to show where the road leads to IMO. (I'll also send out a second
message about unrendered areas shortly which is related to this).

David