[OSM-talk] JOSM and landsat shifting

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Thu Feb 22 00:29:17 GMT 2007

Ditto here.  I have found with some fiddling - permutations of
unclicking/clicking the landsat move button,  selecting one landsat
layer after another - I can get subsequent layers to move but haven't
found  a consistent pattern I can report.  I've also found that if
you have two overlapping landsat images, only the first will
move.  If you drag the first one off to one side rather than deleting
it, you can get the second to move.

This has been an extremely useful tool but it would be nice to make
it a bit more sophisticated now it has proved its worth. (hint,
hint!!) Regretfully, I'm not a Java programmer.

My shopping list would be:

1) Change the behaviour so that it you download one landsat image and
re-align it, all subsequent image downloads are similarly
re-adjusted.  If you do more adjustment, if affects all images en masse.

2) (OR?) fix it so that it is easier to select a specific image and
move it.  Personally, I'd far prefer the first option.

3)  Allow the use of the keyboard arrow keys to nudge an image 1
pixel N, S, E, W.  This allows far better control over alignment.

4) Allow local caching of images for re-use in a future edit
sessions. This would be of great benefit to dial-up users.

and future development direction;

5) Extend the whole concept to generally load images from hard disk
and display them as underlays.  I realize this involves significant
work in putting in a geo-referencing and perhaps orthorectication
step - I think there is already someone working on this separately?

Mike
Manila