[OSM-talk] OSM layer into Adobe Illustrator?

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org
Thu Feb 22 15:33:23 GMT 2007

El Jueves, 22 de Febrero de 2007 16:00, David Sheldon escribió:
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 02:49:13PM -0000, Barnett, Phillip wrote:
> > As I understand it, since users can't see who worked on an area
> > through the API, that would mean that the contributor's name was NOT
> > supplied, and therefore wouldn't have to be credited in any case? Only
> > Steve C can see the actual contributors names/pseudonyms.
>
> Which might mean that OSM is using the data without complying with the
> terms of the licence. See, wouldn't it all have been better if it was
> just an attribution licence, or even better, public domain?

Use an attribution license, and you'll have the same problems. Use a GFDL
license, and you'll have the same problems. Use PD, and watch TeleAtlas and
NavTeq "stealing" all the data.

It's not a legal problem. It's a technical limitation.

--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org>

Más vale mero aficionado que besugo profesional