[OSM-talk] Osmarender and Arabic

Alilo Alilo 3alilo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 00:18:06 GMT 2007

Hi,

I would like to confirm that Osmarender shows Arabic letters correctly in
the place tag

Check them the following links, remember to change from mapnik to osmarender
using the (+) plus sign on the right top corner of the map.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=34.00574396946002&lon=-6.841599292514685&zoom=12
http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=32.8735646998184&lon=-6.91610031397587&zoom=12

Arabic street names do also show correctly in osmarender.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=33.99925999248369&lon=-6.846448725363253&zoom=17

Mapnik still has problems to render correctly Arabic names,

Because I have been doing some editing on Baghdad map, If no one is against,
I am thinking to change the city name tag to the following;

place=city
name= بغداد
name:ar= بغداد
name:en=Baghdad