[OSM-talk] Niggle in latest planet.osm

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Mon Feb 26 14:28:48 GMT 2007

I've got a set of PHP code which is running through planet.osm and is
almost ready for me to hook in the database populate, but I'm getting a

XML error: Invalid character at line 70770908

from xml_parse which at first I thought was the final 00 character for
the file, but seems to be something else. Since it takes an hour to get
to that point, and the file is taking too long to try and 'look'
through, anybody got any idea what the problem is?
I think I can ignore it as it IS at the end if the scan and I think
everything else has been read already - all 90000+ 32768 blocks :)

Now I have to work out how to convert all the time stamps to UTC
normalised values :( Any reason why we have a timezone offset recorded
in the data. A simple UTC value would save 5 characters per entry - one
hell of a lot of space :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL