[OSM-talk] How to fix wonky coastline?

Steve Bromwich osm at fop.ns.ca
Wed Feb 28 15:48:54 GMT 2007

I've been mapping the local coastline using the Yahoo imagery, and it
seems to have gone awry somewhere; as seen at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=44.62611672143749&lon=-63.51730825102606&zoom=12
the renderer seems confused about which side of the coastline the sea goes
on. The trigger seems to be a bridge
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=44.663245246651634&lon=-63.58339786683845&zoom=14);
on one side it's fine, on the other the sea rendering seems to jump from
side to side, with the effect that half of Halifax looks to be under
water. Is there any way to hint to the renderer which side the sea goes
on? Alternatively, have I missed something obvious about how to annotate
the coastline?

Cheers, Steve