[OSM-talk] Pharmacies / dispensing tag?

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 20:02:14 GMT 2007

On 2/28/07, Calum Polwart <gps at wittongilbert.free-online.co.uk> wrote:
> OOOH... as a UK pharmacist this is WRONG.  It is illegal to term
> anything a pharmacy that isn't legally registered as a pharmacy. The UK
> definitions should be:

Thanks for the info. I'd say go back to the base question: why are we
putting this on the map and not newsagents, like you say. The only
sensible definitions are either you can get prescription stuff (ie a
real pharmacy), or "you can get aspirin here". But the latter it going
to cover a lot more in some parts of the world.

So the question is: why are we putting this on the map?

Have a nice day,