[OSM-talk] Mapnik, large river, area with hole

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Wed Jan 3 16:52:32 GMT 2007

Nick Black a écrit :

>     I draw the Seine (large river) inside Paris with many areas to have
>     holes in it.
>
> Why do you want to have holes in the river?

Islands...

I tried landuse areas with a layer argument, but since the rest of the
city don't have landuse for the moment it render the island differently.
(and if i put a huge landuse=residential area over Paris, I suspect most
tiles won't show it because the area border will be completely out of them)

> You should be able to
> represent a river as a Polygon, rather than a Compound Polygon or a
> series of polygons, in which case it would render properly in Mapnik.

I could have use one polygon for the whole Paris' part of this river...
But it's just shifting the problem a little bit as I don't think it's a
good idea to do one polygon for the whole river (several hundred of
kilometers)