[OSM-talk] The segments vs ways vs superways question again...

Dean Earley dean at earlsoft.co.uk
Wed Jan 3 23:17:30 GMT 2007

Nick Whitelegg wrote:
<SNIP>
> A better solution in the interim perhaps would be to provide strong
> recommendations on the storage of ways - for example, make sure that
> ways comprise segments all aligned in the same direction and logical
> order, and, for branched streets, have one way per branch.

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet so this may already have been
mentioned...

I will continue to add branched ways to the database, as it will be FAR
easier when the time comes to automatically split them up into ordered
sequential lists and superways automatically.
If we make them separate now, then after the "change" we will have to go
around and remerge them all into the correct "superways".

IMO, its not a huge programming task do do the splitting when needed at
conversion time...

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean at earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/