[OSM-talk] How to generate a worldfile for an image

Ralf Zimmermann Ralf at Zimmermann.com
Sun Jan 7 19:44:51 GMT 2007

I am looking for practical information on how to create a worldfile
(.pgw) for an image (.png) that I created with osmarender.

I know lat/lon of the four corners of the image and the width/height of
the image. How do I calculate the values for the six lines of the worldfile?

I spent an hour with Google trying to find good information. But I did
not find any practical information how to convert the data.
Now I am confused.

Does anyone on the list have any practical advise on generating a
worldfile with the information I have?

RalfZ
Munich, Germany