[OSM-talk] OSM Java Applet

Kristian Thy thy at 42.dk
Wed Jan 10 10:21:47 GMT 2007

On Tue, Jan 09, Marcus Bauer wrote:
> I totally agree with you. But imho this stuff should be fixed by SUN or
> mozilla in the first place like: "this plugin wants to eat more memory
> and you still have plenty. shall we give it to him?".

After experiencing trouble with the applet when I could see Firefox
neared 250MB of memory used, I increased the memory allowed for Java to
512MB (I have 1.5GB mem on my machine). Now, it just grows up to ~480MB
and hangs. Does the applet not unload Yahoo imagery, or are there other
reasons it might not free resources after continued browsing and
editing? The current viewport covered no more than 500 by 500 meters, so
that shouldn't be a problem in itself.

\\kristian
--
Cthulhu.call();