[OSM-talk] Slow uploads

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 12 18:42:43 GMT 2007

lewispusey wrote:
>Sent: 12 January 2007 5:04 PM
>To: talk at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: [OSM-talk] Slow uploads
>
>Your website and JOSM are  have ing a very hard time communicating with
>each other. Result is many failed uploads and lost work. Your probably
>already aware of this but this was in case you weren't.
>My time frame is between 10 am and 2 pm eastern standard time U.S.
>Thanks.
>Lewis

Yes, we all agree it's a bit of a pain right now, though there is no reason
to loose your JOSM editing work. The uploads through JOSM will work, just
very slowly. If the server times out you can simply try the upload again and
JOSM will continue where it left off. Furthermore, if you need to close down
JOSM before you have successfully uploaded you can save your map file,
including all the unsent edits as an .xml or .osm file in JOSM. JOSM stores
all your edits and will be able to upload those that still need to be when
you continue in your next session.

Your editing time on the Eastern Seaboard is not the best. You might try a
little later in your day and see if that's better.

Hope this helps you to continue while the shortcomings of the limited
platform are resolved.

Cheers

Andy

Andy Robinson