[OSM-talk] Make OSM more Wiki-like

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 09:17:43 GMT 2007

Hello,

This would be a cool feature to have, and we've talked about it in the
past.  The feautres havent been implemented because of privacy
concerns - In the UK at least, you have to opt-in to allow your
personal details to be given out, which has prevented OSM from giving
out user information.  I think there is going ot be a one off opt in
when we move to Rails - I thought I saw I form in the OSM Rails a few
months ago, but its not there now.

Anyway, definitely +1 from me.  We should also make user data
available via the API, to facilitiate "who's mapping where" mashups
and  the like.

Cheers,

On 1/17/07, Sven Anders <sven at anders-hamburg.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 17. Januar 2007 02:15 schrieb Dirk-Lüder Kreie:
> notified him of my proceedings).
> >
> > So in my eyes OSM basically needs a better vandalism control, of the
> > sort of the "many eyeballs" principle, with adequate tools for everyone
> > to at least identify the perpetrator of (accidental or willfull) vandalism.
> >
> > my 2 cents
>
> putting my 1 cent to this subject. Now we have 3 cents :-)
>
> Sven

Nick Black