[OSM-talk] Osmarender4 script

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Sat Jan 20 17:11:19 GMT 2007

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 03:02:54PM +0100, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> Am Samstag, 20. Januar 2007 14:32 schrieb Bruce Cowan:
> > If I run osmarender4 like this - ./osmarender Glasgow-maplint.osm, it
> > doesn't work, and all it does is output ./osmarender: 36: Syntax
> > error: "(" unexpected.  What is wrong?
>
> the syntax has slightly changed. Use it like this:
> ./osmarender -r rules/standard.xml pathtoyour.osm NameOfYour.svg

It should work without those extra stuff. Using rules/standard.xml is the
default and if you don't add the .svg file it will use the filename from
your .osm file with .svg added. So the original command line was ok.

This was probably a problem with Ubuntu. Ubuntu switched over from bash
to dash as /bin/sh probably breaking all scripts like mine which
carelessly used /bin/sh as shell but also used bash syntax in it. I have
changed /bin/sh to /bin/bash in the SVG. Hope this works now.

Jochen