[OSM-talk] NAVTEQ Map Reporter

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 21 10:07:56 GMT 2007

It has some nice features, easier to use than TeleAtlas Map Insight for sure.

The reports can be shared by URL ...
http://mapreporter.navteq.com/dur-web-external/secured/viewDur.do?trackingNumber1=0051&trackingNumber2=OEPC&trackingNumber3=IJ30&trackingNumber4=PTOV&trackingNumber=0051OEPCIJ30PTOV
Will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to act on it.

For OpenStreetMap, this kind of simple reporting tool could be useful, once an area is semi-complete. Not every user of OpenStreetMap maps will have the initiative to get involved and edit (though we should make that as easy as possible). Simply a mechanism for that segment of users to report errors, that other's can act on.