[OSM-talk] mapnik db rendering

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Sun Jan 21 17:05:41 GMT 2007

Ahoy,

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:00:24 +0000, Artem Pavlenko
<artem at pavlenko.uklinux.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 January 2007 15:36, SteveC wrote:
>> actually no, I'm going to give up as I don't know what colours things
>> are supposed to be.
>>
>> Richard, or anyone, what way round should the pri/sec/trunk roads be?
>>

> OK, I've updated osm.xml in SVN trunk. This is how it looks now:
> http://media.mapnik.org/images/enfield.jpg
> Please, can anyone let me know if this is correct!

That looks super. By the way, if it's just a matter of modifying an XML file,
is there any way we/I can help expand the feature set, fix minor bugs, etc?

For instance, comparing Osmarender and mapnik db layers the buildings,
pitches, allotments, running tracks, car parking areas and landuse
(res/ind/com/retail) areas are all either filled grey or just rendered as
roads. Then there's the old road-round-the-edge-of-various-areas bug (e.g.
lakes) and other bugs that I imagine would be easy to fix.

Regards,
Tom