[OSM-talk] josm help?

A Morris aledmorris2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 09:06:41 GMT 2007

mmkay... well if i have the choice, I am obviously going to keep everything
in a single way. It makes no sense to have to replicate all the attributes
of a way onto 4 additional segments, and keep them synchronized if, e.g. the
speed limit or road classification changes. Is there a webpage somewhere
detailing the arguments against this approach?

Also - the focus of OSM seems to be very much on producing beautiful
rendered maps.  I don't know how much thought has been given to the needs of
a navigation system based on OSM data, but it seems to me that a
higher-level "logical road" grouping is needed in order to be able to give
proper turn instructions - basically, if multiple ways are part of the same
logical road, a navigation system should not give a turn instruction going
from one way to the next. (I guess currently, I would simply consider ways
with the same name as part of the same logical road)

Aled.