[OSM-talk] Coastlines

Dave osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Mon Jan 22 10:53:16 GMT 2007

On 1/21/07, David Groom <reviews at pacific-rim.net> wrote:

> Before you do any editing it might be useful to know why mapnik is having
> a problem, so you know what it is you are trying to cure.
>
> Is it simply a case that the ways no do contain an ordered list of
> segments, which is relatively easy to fix as JOSM has a menu option which
> will re-order segments.

Looks to me like it is rendering each way as a polygon, ie: drawing the way
as a line then connecting the first and last points together and trying to
fill the bits inbetween. This looks more weird in some places than others
depending on the shape of the coastline and the length of the ways. I don't
think there's anything wrong with the actual data.