[OSM-talk] cadastre, ways, rendering

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jan 22 19:38:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

>> - Is there an easy way to delete a segment out of a way (in JOSM)? For
>> instance if roundabouts should be separated I would need to remove them
>> from some existing ways. How would I proceed?

> Select the way, then use the Way tool. Just click on a segment to remove it.

This leaves you with a way that has two non-contiguous parts. It is
possible, but I heard that there are problems rendering such things and
that it is advisable to actually have individual ways.

I would suggest the "split way" menu option (found in the "edit" menu
for recent versions of josm).

If you have one way like this (numbers = nodes, dashes = segments):

1---2---3---4---5---6

and you want to achieve this (fixed-width font required)

           __7__
          /     \
1---2---3       4--5--6
          \__9__/

then just select the nodes 3 and 4 (not the segment though!) and invoke
the split way function. It will split the original way into three
(1-2-3, 3-4, and 4-5-6). You can then delete the 3-4 way and segment,
replacing it by the new roundabout.

Of course you can also do this in two steps, first splitting at 3 and
then splitting at 4.

Bye
Frederik