[OSM-talk] cadastre, ways, rendering

Florian Loitsch openstreetmap at florian.loitsch.com
Tue Jan 23 11:02:33 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 11:40, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,

[SKIP elaboration of ways/segments]
Your explanation of ways/segments makes (somehow) sense. I'll modify my
contributions to adhere to this standard.

My only concern is for adding information to roads. In my area many roads are
splitted only from time to time. If I make the road out of different ways,
adding tags to the whole road becomes really annoying. Especially long roads
(like motorways) become nearly infeasible... This said. I've to admit I
haven't yet added much tags except the name and ref. (But in the case of the
motorway I've already encountered the 'ref'/'int-ref' problem.)

[SKIP roundabouts on way/segment level]

[SKIP roundabout-tag on nodes]

mfg,
// florian