[OSM-talk] Uploading large gpx Files?

J.D. Schmidt jdsmobile at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 16:05:00 GMT 2007

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) skrev:
>> Further to my previous mail, as of 15:35 UTC today, a total of 488,140
>> gpspoints has been uploaded today. Every gpspoint helps,
>
> Is there (in the meantime) a chance to upload large gpx files(>20MB)?
> Maybe by putting them on @dev and than manually moving them into the in-queue?

Have you tried to gzip the files before uploading them through the usual
channel ?
I've not had any problems uploading large GPX files (5+ MB files) unless
the tmp area on the server has been filled up with rut.

But gzipping (Not zip, but gzip) them first is cutting down on bandwith
usage, which imho is allways a good thing, and also makes sure that any
lousy browser implementation for uploading files, doesn't balk at the
size and time taken to upload them.

J.D. Dutch Schmidt