[OSM-talk] Add the world map to the zoom levels 0-4?

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Sat Jan 27 10:42:51 GMT 2007

On Saturday 27 January 2007 10:48, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> At the moment, when someone press the globe between + and - on the
> slippery map, no map show up (just a note saying some image will
> appear in the future).  When zooming in, a drawing of part of Europe
> and USA show up, but the rest of the globe is missing.
>
> How hard is it to make sure at least some sketch of the world is shown
> on these zoom levels, even if no OSM data is being drawn?
>
> Friendly,

I've rendered the tiles for level 1-9 (last planet)
joerg at dev/tiles_1-9.tgz
Some of them might be broken(empty even that they shouldn't), but the others
can be used.

--
Jörg (Germany, Munich)

http://www.ostertag.name/
TeamSpeak2: ts2.ostertag.name, user: tweety, Channel: "GPS Drive"
irc://irc.oftc.net/#osm
Tel.: +49 89 420950304