[OSM-talk] Elevated highways

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Sun Jan 28 16:25:43 GMT 2007

> AFAIK the seam is due to an inkscape rendering bug.  With svg
> processors, such as Adobe, the seam is not normally visible.

No, it's there in Internet Explorer as well. If two (nearly) collinear ways
meet there's a visible line across the road at the meeting point, and if at
an angle there's often a round-capped line end in one or other layer which
protrudes through the opposite side of the overlaying/underlaying way.

Looks to me like the ways in each layer are rendered independently so if
roads meet in two different layers, they are rendered as if they both end
there, unconnected.

Davdi