[OSM-talk] Proposed aeroway=apron

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Mon Jan 29 01:07:05 GMT 2007

At 05:08 AM 29/01/2007, Jon Burgess wrote:
>On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 14:18 +0000, Bruce Cowan wrote:
> > >
> > > The information about runways is somewhere publicaly available,
> > > flightgear (open source flight sim) has every airport and airstrip
> > > worldwide.
> > >
> > > Maybe asking the terragear.org guys how to do this?
> >
> > It was based on DAFIF, which has now been taken out of the Public Domain
> > thanks to "security", more like insecurity.
> >
> > Flightgear's data is the same stuff used in X-Plane, and it is under the
> > GPL. (meaning we can't use it, due to licence incompatibilities.)  It is
> > available at http://www.x-plane.org/home/robinp/
>
>I have a copy of some older DAFIF data. Has anyone declared whether we
>can add OSM data based on this?
>
>I wrote a perl script which converts the airport locations into an OSM
>file and it looks like the runway data could be converted too.
>
>         Jon

Does your data have any specific license information attached that
you could forward?  While DAFIF data may now be withdrawn from
circulation, the license conditions under which you originally
received your copy would still apply to your copy (unless there is
some specific enforceable revokation clause). It would be great if we
could use it!!

Mike