[OSM-talk] Add the world map to the zoom levels 0-4?

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Mon Jan 29 16:17:50 GMT 2007

On Monday 29 January 2007 16:49, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Joerg Ostertag]
>
> > I've rendered the tiles for level 1-9 (last planet)
> > joerg at dev/tiles_1-9.tgz
> > Some of them might be broken(empty even that they shouldn't), but the
> > others can be used.
>
> Great, they seem to have made it to the web page.  But the "toplevel"
> map (the one showing up when pressing the globe) is still missing.

I have seen this problem. It's a principal error in combination of
 - mapnik not rendering level 0 and 1
 - I don't know how to tell OpenLayers not to display level 0 or 1
   when clicking on the globe.

Maybe we should think about getting the level 0 and 1 pictures simply by
reducing the ones from level 2

-

Joerg