[OSM-talk] Fragile Ways

Andrew Rowbottom andrew.rowbottom at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 11:41:45 GMT 2007

As a novice OSMer using JOSM I do find that sometimes I have to
"abandon" an edit session because it seems that whilst cleaning up a
new set of data I've accidentally modified (usually deleted/retagged)
an existing set of nodes/segments. This seems to happen to me
particularly often when working on long roads.

For me personally, and this is probably just the way my mind works I'd
like a "edit" layer, that is just the data I'm working on.

I'd like to be forced to move existing data into the edit layer before
I could alter it.

I'd like to be able to revert the changes I've made, but just for the
selected way/segment/node.

Just my tuppeny worth.

Andrew Rowbottom