[OSM-talk] OT: Best rechargeable batteries for low temperatures?

Steve Bromwich osm at fop.ns.ca
Wed Jan 31 15:47:55 GMT 2007

> how long have you been using those batteries (that is, how many charge /
> discharge cycles) ? mebbe you arrived at the end of their useful life...

Maybe 50 cycles. The batteries are about a year old. The previous charge
cycle lasted the whole week, which is why I'm so surprised about the
sudden dropoff.

I guess my main question (which I didn't really phrase too well) is which
AA rechargeable battery technology (Alkaline, probably not NiMH, NiCad,
Li-Ion) works best under cold conditions? I can't find anything concrete
out there on the net beyond vague handwavey comments like "works well
under extreme conditions", so I was hoping someone on the list might have
some experience.

Cheers, Steve