[OSM-talk] tiles rendering

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 31 22:36:09 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 21:43 +0000, Artem Pavlenko wrote:
> Yes, good idea.  We should only output 'closed' polygons
>
> if (polygon && start_point == end_point)
> {
> }
> else
> {
> ..
> }
>
> Artem

That didn't seem to make any difference.

It seems the issue is in osm.xml. The PolygonSymbolizer will render any
data as a polygon, even if the source data is a linestring :-). This
attached patch makes things look much better in my eyes. The style may
need more tweaking.

The data I have loaded in postgis currently is from the "open areas are
not polygons" version of osm2pgsql currently so I can't be 100% certain
that this style change alone fixed it, but i'm quite confident the
osm.xml change is sufficient.

Please try it out on your system and see if it fixes the grey
triangulated coastline.

	Jon