[OSM-talk] advertising

Steve Coast steve at asklater.com
Sun Jul 1 00:31:43 BST 2007

On 30 Jun 2007, at 14:25, David Earl wrote:
> At the moment it looks like a fault. But if these things
> proliferate all
> over the Europe home page, then what a first time viewer will see is a
> map full of adverts, not a map of collaborative effort. I think
> this is
> a shame and devalues the project.

Look, these things aren't going to proliferate all over Europe or
fill up the map. That's just gratuitous FUD.

I hear you all about wanting the map to be Free and pure. Really, I
do. On the other hand I note that only two of you are foundation
members.

And that we didn't see all this time and effort when we were looking
for people to help organise the conference. So, instead of talking
about deleting all your data or how bad it is, why don't you
volunteer to organise fundraising? It's really easy to send angry
negative emails to the list and it's much harder to volunteer and
make things happen.

We'd all love your help organising fundraising, especially given all
the time we've spent organising the conference. Who's going to step up?

have fun,