[OSM-talk] Streets with multiple names

Alex S. maps at swavely.com
Mon Jul 2 04:50:02 BST 2007

How does one handle streets with multiple names?

There is one street in particular that I'm concerned with - it has three
names due to the fact that it straddles the county line.

The street runs east-west.  The north side of the street is called one
thing - being the southern edge of one county - and the south side of
the street is called something else, being the north edge of the other
county.  Also, it's a state route, so it has yet another name.  It's one
two-way road with no center barrier, so it's not really two one-ways.

Here's a view of the street on Google Maps that shows all the names of
the street on top of the aerial imagery that shows the street makeup:
   http://preview.tinyurl.com/3cc4ya

When I go there to get the gps trace, I'll take a picture of one of the
street signs that also shows it.