[OSM-talk] foundation, how much money is needed?

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Mon Jul 2 06:53:47 BST 2007

On Monday 02 July 2007 02:44, Etienne wrote:
> In my capacity as Treasurer of the OpenStreetMap Foundation I'd like to
> respond to some of the points raised in the many recent messages about the
> introduction of adverts on the main page slippy map.  I'd also like to
> explain the role of the OpenStreetMap Foundation in a little more detail.

> OpenStreetMap Foundation:
> The OpenStreetMap was established about a year ago to serve a number of
> purposes.
> Secondly the Foundation, as a UK registered limited company affords some
> degree of protection from copyright and liability suits.  Previously Steve
> would have been personally liable for any action that might have been taken
> as a result of alleged copyright infringement.

Just because I didn't read about it in the mailinglists.
	So the Fundation is UP and Running?
	And is already legally registered?
Could you tell a little bit more about this?

> The project can always benefit from more hardware and this is where most of

To come back to my question i already asked yesterday:
 - What is the next money the OSM-Project needs?
	- What will be run on this hardware?
             - Which kind of Hardware do we need?
	- How much money do we need for this?

--