[OSM-talk] advertising, Money: for which purpose and how much?

Joerg Ostertag openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Tue Jul 3 11:12:58 BST 2007

Am Dienstag, 3. Juli 2007 11:31:27 schrieb Frederik Ramm:
> Hi,
>
> > I understand the need to generate income
>
> That "need" should perhaps not be overstated.
>
> Firstly, we don't need income for everyday operation, as we all work
> for free and we incur only neglibile cost by running the servers
> because badnwidth, power consumption etc. have been donated. We may
> need income for cool things beyond that, but we *can* operate the
> most important things without.

Getting Money sure is a nice Idea.

	can someone please tell me:
		- what for does the OSM Project currently need Money?
		- how much money do we need for this?

I haven't found any real answer to this question yet; so
	 ... I'm still waiting for the answer ...

-

Joerg

Who by the way really really really hates Advertisements!!! And puts them on
almost the same level as Spam!