[OSM-talk] advertising, Money: for which purpose and how much?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jul 3 18:09:00 BST 2007

Hi,

> Is MySQL replication "real time" enough for this by the way?

Oh yes, definitely, I'd expect delays in the sub-second range. (Google
has even put out a patch against MySQL 4 whereby you get "live"
replication as opposed to the default "lazy" replication, i.e. a
transaction will only be confirmed by the server if it has been
replicated to at least one slave. But that would be defying our purpose
I believe.)

But even if we'd opt for a replication technology that would create
longer delays, say a few minutes, I'd still say that's enough for us.
About 80% of write requests that reach the central server are done with
JOSM, and this means that they will usually be based on data that was
read half an hour ago, or even older data. Five minutes more or less
don't hurt there I'd say.

Bye
Frederik