[OSM-talk] advertising, Money: for which purpose and how much?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jul 3 20:45:35 BST 2007

Hi,

> Also Potlatch (or its users) might have a problem if it takes minutes
> for uploaded data to become available.

I still believe that replication would be sufficiently fast to be
negligible compared to turnaround times in editors (even if someone does
the conflict check in JOSM, going through the conflicts and resolving
them will take him much longer than the replication time).

But even if this should turn out not to be the case, and if editors
would really have to access the "master" for the time being, then we
could still move the non-editor read requests (e.g. by tiles at home
clients) to the replicated server, and also server a number of off-site
"feeds" from there, e.g. one feeding a live Mapnik system and other nice
things.

Bye
Frederik