[OSM-talk] Potlatch and merging ways

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Wed Jul 4 09:23:42 BST 2007

Matthias Julius wrote:
> I think a pretty nasty bug has appeared in Potlatch a couple of days
> ago.  I had it happen to me a couple of times now that when merging
> two ways (by shift-click on an endpoint while drawing) the second way
> gets deleted as it should, but the first one does not get extended.

I have another bug (or feature) on adding nodes with shift-click to an
existing way with Potlatch: The nodes and segments are added and the way
is modified just fine, but in some cases it doesn't remove the original
segment (not part of the way anymore) that was there before adding the
new nodes. I added a couple of bridges to existing ways using the aerial
imagery with Potlatch when I noticed this after downloading the data
into JOSM (and zooming in). On the other hand when adding more nodes to
better follow a curve in the road with Potlatch, no extra segments were
left behind.

   Tapio