[OSM-talk] middle aged car driving golf players?

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 11:51:44 BST 2007

Tom Hughes [mailto:tom at compton.nu] wrote:
>Sent: 04 July 2007 11:48 AM
>To: Andy Robinson
>Cc: talk at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] middle aged car driving golf players?
>
>In message
><!&!AAAAAAAAAAAuAAAAAAAAAOKaD4mR3JBOrEpRon92nMgBANp/H2q5kHFIvKMsnZiQaZAAAAA
>BxJAAABAAAAAjAXMgtDwAR6vlDMTZWFvPAQAAAAA=@blueyonder.co.uk>
>        Andy Robinson <Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I assume we are still using http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-
>sa/2.0/
>>
>> So something perhaps like?:
>>
>> <copyright>
>> <author> OpenStreetMap </author>
>> <year> 2007 </year>
>> <license> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/ </license>
>> </copyright>
>>
>> Now is the copyright better as "OpenStreetMap
>> Contributors/project/community"? Does it have any real meaning anyway?
>
>Well it definitely isn't copyright OpenStreetMap...
>
>OpenStreetMap Contributors might be the best thing I guess.
>
>It does of course raise the whole "who to attribute" problem again...

Agreed, but I'd rather see for now something like "OpenStreetMap
Contributors" rather than nothing at all. Ultimately it may have to say OSMF
(to provide the legal backup) with the OSMF constitution covering what it
actually means in practice. One for the legal debate anyway.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk